1. van der Westhuizen C, Malan M, Naledi T, Myers B, Stein DJ and Sorsdahl K, 2018 - Tobacco use in South African emergency centre patients: opportunities for intervention: DOI: 10.1007/s11469-018-0042-2.
2. Brian S. Barnett V, Kusunzi L, Magola C, Borba P C, Udedi M, Kulisewa K and Hosseinipour M C, 2018 - Factors associated with long length of stay in an inpatient psychiatric unit in Lilongwe, Malawi. DOI: 10.1007/s00127-018-1611-1.
3. Udedi M, Pence B. W, Kauye F and Muula A S, 2018 - Study protocol for evaluating the effectiveness of depression management on gylcaemic control in non-communicable diseases clinics in Malawi: DOI: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-021601.
4. Barnett B S, Kusunzi V, Magola L, Borba C P C, Udedi M, Kulisewa K and Hosseinipour M. C, 2018 - Factors associated with the use of seclusion in an inpatient psychiatric unit in Lilongwe, Malawi: www.mmj.mw/?p=7785.
5. Udedi M, Pence B. W, Kauye F and Muula A S, 2018 - The effect of depression management on diabetes and hypertension outcomes in low and middle-income countries: A systematic review protocol: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13643-018-0896-1.
6. Seid S, Demilew D, Yimer S and Mihretu A, 2018 - Prevalence and Associated Factors of Mental Distress among Caregivers of Patients with Epilepsy in Ethiopia: A Cross-Sectional Study Design: doi: 10.1155/2018/2819643.
7. Nyoni A, Chiwaridzo M, Tadyanemhandu C, January J and Dambi J .M, 2018 - Profiling the mental health of diabetic patients: a cross-sectional survey of Zimbabwean patients: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-018-3881-9.
8. Zarova C, Chiwaridzo M, Tadyanemhandu C, Machando D and Dambi J. M, 2018 - The impact of social support on the health-related quality of life of adult patients with tuberculosis in Harare, Zimbabwe: a cross-sectional survey: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-018-3904-6.
9. Yohannes K, Gebeyehu A, Adera T, Ayano G and Fekadu W - Prevalence and correlates of post-traumatic stress disorder among survivors of road traffic accidents in Ethiopia: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13033-018-0229-8.
10. Hoysted C, Babl F. E, Kassam-Adams N, Landolt MA, Jobson L, van der Westhuizen C, Curtis S, Kharbanda AB, Lyttle MD, Parri N, Stanley R, Alisic E, 2018 - Knowledge and training in paediatric medical traumatic stress and trauma-informed care among emergency medical professionals in low- and middle-income countries: doi: 10.1080/20008198.2018.1468703.
11. Udedi M, Stockton M. A, Kulisewa K, Hosseinipour M C, Gaynes B N, Mphonda S M, Matanje B, 2018 - Integrating depression management into HIV primary care in central Malawi: The implementation of a pilot capacity building program: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-018-3388-z.
12. Dambi J, Corten L, Chiwaridzo M, Jack H, Mlambo T and Jelsma J, 2018 - A systematic review of the psychometric properties of the cross-cultural translations and adaptations of the Multidimensional Perceived Social Support Scale (MSPSS): https://doi.org/10.1186/s12955-018-0912-0.
13. Nhunzvi C and Galvaan R - Defining Occupational Therapy 2018: http://mup.manipal.edu/concepts-in-occupational-therapy-understanding-southern-perspectives.html.
14. Habtamu K, Hanlon C, Atalay A, Fekadu A and Medhin G, 2018 - Functional impairment among people with severe and enduring mental disorders in rural Ethiopia, A cross-sectional study: https://DOI: 10.1007/s00127-018-1546-6.
15. Demissie M, Hanlon C, Birhane R, Ng L, Medhin G and Fekadu A, 2018 - Psychological interventions for bipolar disorder in low- and middle-income countries: systematic review: https://doi.org/10.1192/bjo.2018.46.
16. Menberu M, Mekonen T, Azale T, Ayano G, Yimer S, Getnet A, Belete A, Kerie S and Fekadu W, 2018 - Health care seeking behavior for depression in Northeast Ethiopia: depression is not considered as illness by more than half of the participants: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12991-018-0205-3.
17. van der Westhuizen C, Brittain K, Koen N, Maré K, Zar HJ, Stein DJ, 2018 - Sensitivity and Specificity of the SRQ-20 and the EPDS in Diagnosing Major Depression Ante- and Postnatally in a South African Birth Cohort Study. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, 16(1):175-86, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11469-017-9854-8.
18. Dambi J et al, 2017 - Use of patient-reported outcomes in low-resource settings; lessons from the development and validation of the Zimbabwean Caregiver Burden Scale: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21679169.2017.1381313.
19. Nhunzvi C et al, 2017 - Recovery from Substance Abuse among Zimbabwean Men: An Occupational Transition, OTJR: Occupation, Participation and Health, 1539449217718503, Occupational Therapy Journal of Research.
20. Dambi J et al, 2017 - Psychometric evaluation of the Shona version of the Multidimensional Scale of Perceived Social Support Scale (MSPSS– Shona) in adult informal caregivers of patients with cancer in Harare, Zimbabwe. Malawi Medical. Journal. 2017; 29:89–96. https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2446-7903.
21. Habtamu K et al, 2017 - Prevalence and associated factors of common mental disorders among Ethiopian migrant returnees from the Middle East and South Africa: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12888-017-1310-6.
22. Habtamu K et al, 2017 - Validation of the World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule in people with severe mental disorders in rural Ethiopia: Validation of the World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule in people with severe mental disorders in rural Ethiopia: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12955-017-0647-3.
23. Kaseke T, January J , Tadyanemhandu C, Chiwaridzo M and Dambi J - A structural equation modelling of the buffering effect of social support on the report of common mental disorders in Zimbabwean women in the postnatal period: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-019-4151-1
24. Mihretu A, Nhunzvi C, Fekadu A, Norton S, Teferra S - Definition and Validity of the Construct “Problematic Khat Use”: A Systematic Review: https://doi.org/10.1159/000499970
25. Nyamayaro P, Chibanda D, Robbins R. N, Hakim J and Gouse H, 2019 - Assessment of neurocognitive deficits in people living with HIV in Sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic review: https://doi.org/10.1080/13854046.2019.1606284.
26. Alemayehu F, Ambaw F and Gutema H, 2019 - Depression and associated factors among prisoners in Bahir Dar Prison, Ethiopia: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12888-019-2071-1.
27. Fekadu G. A, Ambaw F and Kidanie S. A, 2019 - Facility delivery and postnatal care services use among mothers who attended four or more antenatal care visits in Ethiopia: further analysis of the 2016 demographic and health survey: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-019-2216-8.
28. Bitew T, Hanlon C, Medhin G and Fekadu A, 2019 - Antenatal predictors of incident and persistent postnatal depressive symptoms in rural Ethiopia: a population-based prospective study: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12978-019-0690-0.
29. Nhunzvi C, Langhaug L, Mavindidze E, Harding R and Galvaan R, 2019 - Occupational justice and social inclusion in mental illness and HIV: a scoping review protocol: http://bmjopen.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/bmjopen-2018-024049.
30. Gebreegziabher Y, Girma E and Tesfaye M, 2019 - Help-seeking behavior of Jimma university students with common mental disorders: A cross-sectional study: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0212657.
31. Kahsay T, Ambaw F, Gebremedhin T, Tetemke D, and G/Medhin M, 2019 - Knowledge and attitude towards legalization of abortion service and associated factors among female youth in Axum town, Ethiopia: http://ejrh.org/index.php/ejrh/article/view/271.
32. Myers B, Breuer E, Lund C, Petersen W.P, van der Westhuizen C, Brooke-Sumner C, Naledi T, Stein D.J, and Sorsdahl K, 2019 - Assessing capability for implementing mental health counselling within primary care facilities in a middle-income country: A feasibility study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30983052.
33. Ng'oma M, Meltzer-Brody S, Chirwa E, Stewart R.C, 2019 - "Passing through difficult times": Perceptions of perinatal depression and treatment needs in Malawi - A qualitative study to inform the development of a culturally sensitive intervention: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0217102.
34. Udedi M, Stockton M. A, Kulisewa K, Hosseinipour M. C, Gaynes B. N, Steven M. Mphonda, and Pence B. W, 2019 - The effectiveness of depression management for improving HIV care outcomes in Malawi: protocol for a quasi-experimental study: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-019-7132-3.
35. Jopling R, Yang J. P, Meffert S, Müller M, Nyamayaro P. C, and Abas M, 2019 - Lessons from Research Innovations in Depression and HIV in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-70134-9_6-1.
36. Nyamayaro P, Chibanda D, Robbins R. N, Hakim J and Gouse H, 2019 - Assessment of neurocognitive deficits in people living with HIV in Sub Saharan Africa: A systematic review: https://doi.org/10.1080/13854046.2019.1606284.
37. Yitayih S, Yeshanew B, Ayelegne D, and Mihretu A, 2019 - Primary health care nurses attitude towards people with severe mental disorders in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: a cross sectional study: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13033-019-0283-x
38. Merritt C, Jack H, Mangezi W, Chibanda D and Abas M, 2019 - Positioning for success: building capacity in academic competencies for early-career researchers in sub-Saharan Africa: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/gmh.2019.14
39. Madhombiro M, Dube B, Dube M, Zunza M, Chibanda D, Rusakaniko S and Seedat S, 2019 - Intervention for alcohol use disorders at an HIV care clinic in Harare: a pilot and feasibility study: DOI: 10.1186/s13722-019-0143-7
40. Fekadu W, Mekonen T, Belete H, Belete A, and Yohannes K, 2019 - Incidence of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder After Road Traffic Accident: https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2019.00519